Tuesday

Monday was a good day…


This was not the assignment Luke 
Nemec expected when he came to the
UK-- babysitting a beautiful widow. 
It wouldn’t be so bad... 
if Sara wasn’t such a “hostile” witness.

Well, I don't know about you, dear readers, but I'm starting to look forward to each new release that Clare Revell offers us. Because I love the versatility. Yep. The versatility. It's refreshing. How she comes up with so many different plots and settings that I get totally wrapped up in (and declare I am going to visit afterward), is beyond me. But then that's part of the fun for me. This time, it was off to Scotland with MONDAY'S CHILD.

I love Scotland. Have always wanted to go there. I even have more than a few Scottish ancestors tucked away somewhere. But do I know much of anything about what the place is like today? Not half enough. Which is why I was so enjoyably drawn into the ebb and flow of the town from a real and contemporary perspective. And with an American police officer on assignment thrown into the mix, I did not feel like an outsider. 


QUESTION for Clare if she shows up here: Have you ever been to Scotland? 
(I wonder about these things)

But here's the thing. I had sort of a question about this book. It's the first in a seven book series (one for every day of the week-- for a hint, read the poem), and I wondered how Ms. Clare would be able to keep her marvelous versatility if she had to reign in her imagination too much. Well, don't worry, she had plenty of everything we have come to expect from her. That's when I realized that the things I enjoy most about her books are the constants. All of her books have these things: 

A feisty, not-so-typical heroine 

A realistic hero who is not always perfect (but his heart is)

A colorful setting with people you will think you have known somewhere else before (or would like to)

A plot you've got figured out halfway through that proves you delightfully wrong at the end. One that even lines up with spiritual values

So, I feel much better about this every-day-of-the-week book series. In fact, I'm already looking forward to TUESDAY'S CHILD (who tenders direction), which will be coming up next.  But as for MONDAY'S CHILD? Let's say, after having just read the final words, that I'm sitting here with a cup of tea and a quiet smile, because…

Monday was a good day.

Clare writes inspirational romance, usually of a suspenseful nature. Her books are available through her publisher Pelican Book Group and Amazon. She is married with three kids and lives in the UK. She loves watching sci-fi, crime drama, cross stitching, reading and baking. You can find out more about her on her website.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me here and thank you for the review :)
    I love Scotland. Went there loads as a kid - on the train from Southampton to Dundee several times - as my aunt lives there. We've also flown there and driven. (my son did a double take as the 1st officer announced we were coming into land. "A WOMAN is flying the plane??!!")
    We're going back again in August for two weeks. If you pop over to my site, the header pic is the Bridge of Earn, that's right behind where we're staying! If there was a job there for hubby, we'd move in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Clare... thanks for stopping by. I really enjoyed MONDAY'S CHILD, and now there's another place I can't wait to visit. I hope you get to move to Scotland, someday... it's so nice to have dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete