Wednesday

How to be FIT FOR FAITH...


Kimberley Payne

Hello, Kimberley… thanks for stopping by, today. Fit For Faith is a wonderful title, and I'm really looking forward to hearing about it. To begin with, How did you first become interested in this subject, and what do you feel is unique or different about the way you have presented it?



Health and fitness developed into a priority for me when I became pregnant with my first child. But what I found discouraging was the amount of mis-information out there. I set out to write Fit for Faith to help women navigate the sea of myths. Also, it’s a program that is motivational and easy-to-follow – like having your own personal trainer. Most importantly, I wanted to show how physical and spiritual health are interrelated and how necessary it is to tend to both.

That's a very interesting concept, because people don't usually think of those two things being vulnerable to each other. But it makes a lot of sense, now that you mention it. Are you writing from the perspective of personal experience, expertise, or both?

Both. I started out with personal experience as a young mother looking for health. Then over the years, I gained expertise as a Weight Training Instructor, Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer. 

That's amazing. Is there one tip you could give from your book, right now, that might be valuable to people's lives even if they never heard anything else on the subject?

I would say follow the 10-10-10 rule. If you can’t fit 30 minutes of exercise into your day, try 10 minutes three times. This will help to improve your health in wonderful ways.

That's an idea I'm definitely going to try, as I'm always putting off I thinking I don't have the time… and it shows! So, thank you for sharing that. Now, where does the faith part come in? How will Fit For Faith have an effect on people's spirituality?

Well, it provides a simple, structured approach to prayer, Bible study and journaling – all ways to interact with God.

Those are wonderful things all by themselves. And speaking of interacting, do you have any type of forum set up where readers can get in touch with you while they go through the program? Do you have a newsletter? Other books on similar subjects?

I started a yahoo discussion group called, I Surrender, that is an informal support group for those of us struggling with weight loss. I also offer a regular newsletter with tips and freebies. I’m working on a devotional book, Women of Strength, that I hope to have ready this summer, too.

That all sounds so helpful and exciting. I really feel there's nothing so refreshing as being in shape, and I can see you have a real ministry in helping people not only feel good about their shape, but good about themselves. And springtime is a great time to get a fresh start on some of those things, too. 


Thanks so much for sharing with us, today, Kimberley. I will truly be looking forward to giving your program a try. Oh, yes, and just out of curiosity, I was wondering what the biggest change all this information has brought about in your own life is?

That would have to be coming to the understanding that God is interested in everything I do, even if it’s trying to lose those extra 10 pounds. He wants to be part of my every day.

Well, I certainly agree with that. What an enlightening discussion this has been. I'll have to let you know how the program works out for me. Meanwhile, I hope you stop by and visit, again.

Thanks for the opportunity to talk with you, Lilly!
Blessings on the road to health!

Thank you, I'll take that. Now, before we go, I want to make sure to let readers know where they can get in touch with you and find out more about you and your books...


   Kimberley is an award-winning author and a member of The Word Guild and Inscribe Christian Writer's Fellowship. She has taught workshops in a variety of settings including churches, women's retreats, writers' conferences, and Women Alive conferences. Her energetic and enthusiastic presentations motivate individuals to reach their faith and fitness goals.


Website  
Where to buy the book...


No comments:

Post a Comment